So you want to get your tattoo removed? Well, you’re not alone. Every year people make the decision to get a tattoo only to find they want it removed later on because they no longer like it. Luckily, advances in technology mean that laser tattoo removal is now incredibly safe and effective — particularly the PicoWay laser system.
But how much does PicoWay laser cost, you ask? Let’s check it out.
What is the PicoWay Laser?
PicoWay is a revolutionary and innovative picosecond laser system that uses high-powered ultrashort pulses to transform the skin from the inside out. Unlike older laser systems, the PicoWay laser uses dual wavelength laser technology that delivers such fast pulses that it doesn’t damage the surrounding skin. Instead, it uses a photoacoustic effect to break up ink particles under the skin, which allows the fragments to then be eliminated by the body’s immune system.
This process is minimally invasive, safe, and effective. The PicoWay system has the most FDA clearances of any picosecond laser available. It has been shown to have no adverse effects and little discomfort compared to previous laser systems.
What Does the PicoWay Laser System Treat?
The PicoWay system first received FDA approval in 2014 for use in laser tattoo removal. However, the system is so effective that it is now used for numerous purposes including the treatment of:
- Acne scars
- Benign pigmented lesions (dark spots)
- Stretch marks
- Age spots
- And more
How Much Does PicoWay Laser Cost?
Because it is such a revolutionary technology, many people are asking the question: How much does PicoWay laser cost?
Understandably, when something works so well, it is expected that it will be expensive. However, there is no set price for PicoWay laser treatments. Instead, many factors can play a role in how much you will pay. Average show treatments range from $150 to several hundred dollars, but it depends on your individual situation.
Such factors that can contribute to the cost of a PicoWay laser treatment can include:
- The treatment type
- The skill level of the provider or technician
- The location you receive the treatment from
- The area on the body being treated
- How large the treatment area is
- How big the tattoo is
- The colors in the tattoo (black is easier to remove than colors)
- How many sessions you’ll need to achieve desired results
It’s worth noting that though it will cost more if you go to a more experienced provider, this is considered best practice. Though PicoWay is safe and effective, you still want to ensure you are choosing to work with a provider like Ink-B-Gone that knows what they are doing and will take the best care of you.
Is PicoWay Laser Tattoo Removal Worth It?
Yes, most patients find that the PicoWay laser and the cost of treatments are worth it. The PicoWay laser system is one of the most advanced laser tattoo removal systems available today and is considered the most safe and effective.
There are numerous benefits to choosing the PicoWay laser system, including the following:
- Safe for a wide range of skin types: With older laser systems, those with dark skin often developed dark spots or light spots due to the absorption of too much energy. However, as the PicoWay laser emits ultra-short and fast pulses, it is less likely to damage the skin. Instead, it works under the skin and leaves the outer layer unharmed.
- Little discomfort: All laser tattoo treatments come with some level of discomfort, but the PicoWay laser system has undergone many clinical trials with most patients reporting minimal pain. Most say that it simply feels like a rubber band snapping against the skin.
- Fast and effective: Treatments generally only last 15 to 20 minutes and many patients start seeing results right away. As a whole, it only takes about 6 to 8 treatments on average over a 5 to 6-month period.
- Works on all tattoo colors: What makes PicoWay so special is its use of dual-wavelength laser beams. Dual wavelengths mean it can treat more tattoo colors more effectively, as opposed to older laser systems that struggled to treat tougher blue and green colors.
PicoWay Tattoo Removal with Ink-B-Gone
Every person and every tattoo is different — so ask our experts if PicoWay tattoo removal is right for you.
When you decide to have a tattoo removed, it’s important that you find a professional technician with the skills and experience you can trust. Before you commit, we offer FREE consultations here at Ink-B-Gone — the leading Colorado laser tattoo removal experts.