It’s human nature to want to make sure that you are getting “the best” of any situation. After all, nobody wants to go to a “mediocre” restaurant or visit a “fair-to-middling” vacation resort. It’s even more important to search for excellence when it comes to a treatment that will permanently affect your body. We completely understand why you want to know which tattoo removal machine is “the best.” However, like so many other products, circumstances, and decisions in this world, “best” is a relative term. It all depends on the purpose of the tattoo removal machine.
- Tattoo removal machines have evolved since 1967 when Dr. Leon Goldman, an American dermatologist known as a pioneer in laser medicine, used an ND: YAG laser and a 694 Ruby laser on a client with unwanted tattoo art.
- In the 1970s, technicians used lasers such as CO2 and argon. Unfortunately, these lasers were less than ideal since they left significant scars.
- In the 1980s, the Q-switched ruby laser was shown to be versatile and to cause little scarring, so it was approved for commercial use.
- The 1990s brought the Q-switched Nd: YAG, the Q-switched alexandrite, and the Candela pigmented lesion lasers into common use.
- Today, Q-switched lasers, which produce concentrated photons in powerful pulse formations, are widely used because of their versatility.
- IN 2014, the PicoWay laser 785 nm wavelength was approved by the FDA. This wavelength is especially effective at removing blue and green tattoo ink colors.
At Ink-B-Gone, we use two types of lasers, one of them being a modern iteration of the Q-switched laser. The Quanta EVO is ideal for removing tattoo colors such as black, red, brown, yellow, purple, green, and blue. It can be configured at 532 nm and 1064 nm wavelengths, depending on its use. (nm stands for nanometer – in other words, one billionth of a meter.)
The Quanta EVO Laser is exceptionally effective, but not for all skin tones or tattoo inks. This is why we also use the PicoWay Laser.
The PicoWay Laser uses the absolute highest and shortest light pulses in the industry. “How short?” you ask. One trillionth of a second! (Pico means trillionth – or, to put it another way: one-millionth of one-millionth of a second.)
Why are we so excited about short pulses? It’s because they are effective without heating up the skin or causing a lot of discomfort. The PicoWay Laser is produced by Syneron Candela, the global medical aesthetic device company based in Massachusetts. The company describes the PicoWay Laser’s process like this:
“The PicoWay Laser reaches under the skin for its impact, leaving the outer layer of the skin intact. The ultra-short pulses vaporize their targets before the skin has the chance to overheat. Targets can be pigment from a tattoo, melanin in the skin that causes dark spots, or areas in the dermis (a layer under the outer skin) where tiny spaces can be created to allow room for new collagen and elastin growth in the treatment of acne scars and wrinkles.”
So, to get back to your initial question: Is there a best tattoo removal machine? The answer is that it depends on the type of tattoo you are trying to erase. In some cases, the best tattoo removal machine for your tattoo is – both of our lasers. They each have unique strengths.
Some questions to ask before treatment:
Which laser removal machine will be used to remove my tattoo? Why?
At Ink-B-Gone, we will use the Quanta EVO Laser and/or the PicoWay Laser. We will be happy to explain your treatment plan at your initial free consultation.
How experienced are your technicians?
We only hire certified laser technicians. Furthermore, owner Shelley Novello hand-trains each technician and requires that they work under her supervision for a full year before treating anyone on their own. In the past 16 years, we have performed over 70,000 treatments on over 20,000 clients. In other words, our technicians are VERY experienced!
How effective is laser tattoo removal? Can I see some examples?
Absolutely, you can. Here are some before and after pictures.
Every person and every tattoo is different, so ask our experts!
When you’re ready to look into laser tattoo removal, it’s important to find a professional and expert technician you trust. Before you commit to anything, you can come in for a free consultation here at Ink-B-Gone, the leading laser tattoo removers in Colorado.
Or follow along for more helpful tips and guidance
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/INKBGONE
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/inkbgone/?hl=en