Everyone knows that getting a tattoo is a big decision. After all, a tattoo is something you’ll probably have to live with for the rest of your life. However, deciding to get a tattoo removed is almost as consequential as getting the tattoo itself! That is because, in the wrong circumstances, you can end up with botched laser tattoo removal. In the worst case, it can result in unsightly scars or skin darkening that looks even more unsightly than the tattoo that you wanted to be removed!
So why do some people end up with botched tattoo removal?
Many beauty regimens can be handled at home, but tattoo removal is not one of them. No matter how careful you are, there are many reasons why DIY tattoo removal is a bad idea. Achieving professional quality tattoo removal is essentially impossible with any at-home methods, including sand abrasion, removal cream, lemon juice, or at-home laser treatments.
2. The staff where you went was inexperienced or had improper training
Although laser tattoo removal is non-invasive and requires no anesthesia or surgery, an inexperienced or improperly trained technician may provide bad laser tattoo removal. The lasers used are precision instruments that require skill and finesse to operate. Sufficient training and experience are necessary to get optimal results.
3. You contract an infection
Just as the process of getting a tattoo results in an open wound, so does the removal. If the facility or instruments in it aren’t properly cleaned and sanitized, you can wind up with a potentially dangerous – or even life-threatening – infection. You want the environment to be sterile and safe.
4. The technician uses the wrong laser
Different ink colors require different wavelengths. If a tattoo removal technician uses the wrong one, you can wind up with scarring, burns, hypopigmentation, or hyperpigmentation. Your best course of action is to consult with a professional tattoo removal technician and discuss the colors included in your tattoo and find out if they have the correct laser to give you the best results.
How can you avoid a botched laser tattoo removal job?
Most importantly, before choosing a tattoo laser removal facility, do your research! Tattoo laser removal is a highly-specialized procedure and very different from other services at med spas or even dermatologists’ offices. Seek an office with highly-trained technicians who use the most up-to-date technology, and book an in-office consultation before committing. This allows you to get a feel for the facility including the friendliness of the staff and cleanliness.
At Ink-B-Gone, our customers never end up with laser tattoo removal gone wrong. Here’s why:
- We use the industry’s best laser technology and have 16 years of experience with scar-free laser tattoo removal.
- We are less aggressive with each treatment, which prevents permanent skin whitening or darkening.
- We use two state-of-the-art lasers for tattoo removal. The Candela PicoWay, an advanced laser treatment that removes tattoos with minimal downtime, and the Quanta EVO Laser for tattoo removal. Together, these two lasers can remove even the toughest ink hues from every skin tone.
- Although Colorado law doesn’t require certification for laser tattoo removal, we choose to hire only certified technicians. Ink-B-Gone owner Shelley Novello personally trains each technician. They then work under her mentorship for at least one year before treating people on their own.
- We follow the most stringent sterilization procedures for our instruments and every other inch of our immaculate facility.
- Ink-B-Gone’s staff is highly experienced. Together, they have treated more than 18,634 clients of every skin color, size, age, and tattoo location during the facility’s 16 years in business.
Come in for a consultation!
The best way to learn more about Ink-B-Gone’s procedures and practices is to come in for a consultation. We can answer any questions you have about our laser tattoo removal process and explain to you exactly why none of our clients wind up with botched laser tattoo removal. Want to learn more about our facility and see successful before and after photos? Follow us on Twitter and Instagram.