Tattoos get more popular every year. For example, in 2003, 15-16% of adults in the United States had a tattoo, but in 2023, the number was more like 30% – even higher if you consider only adults under the age of 40 (50%). The desire to use ink to make a personal or artistic expression has never been greater. On the other hand, the desire to eradicate previous tattoos has also never been greater. More people in 2023 than ever before regret their tattoos and are taking steps to remove them.
Fortunately, 2023 is a great year for new beginnings.
1. Laser tattoo removal technology has come a long way in the past few decades, good news for the approximately 23% of people (according to one study) with tattoo regret.
2. According to another survey conducted by SMR (Strategic Market Research), the numbers are even higher. They found that 28.6% of women and 29.7% of men wanted to get rid of their tattoos.
3. The tattoo removal business is growing each year. For example, the global tattoo removal market was $4.34 billion two years ago in 2021, but is projected to be $12.15 billion by 2030. This represents a compound annual growth rate of 12.1%!
4. Although every person, every body, and every tattoo is different, lasers have made it possible for most tattoos to be removed effectively.
5. The NIH (National Institutes of Health) reports that tattoo removal lasers and light-based technology have “revolutionized” the business of tattoo removal. Previously, tattoo removal was attempted with such dangerous and ineffective methods as dermabrasion, salabrasion (scrubbing the top layer of skin off with salt – painful and ineffective!), chemical destruction, and other techniques. Some patients even had tattoos removed surgically. However, clients often found that they were left with scars, hyperpigmentation, or – incompletely removed tattoos.
6. The AAD (American Academy of Dermatology Association) reports that this generation of lasers is popular for removing tattoos because:
- They are safe
- They are effective
- They are able to remove tattoo ink in fewer treatments
- They are now able to get rid of ink colors that have been traditionally difficult to remove
7. Being able to utilize different types of lasers is a huge advantage. At Ink-B-Gone, we use the Quanta EVO, which is ideal for removing black, red, brown, yellow, purple, green, and blue ink. We also use the PicoWay laser, which uses short pulses that last only one trillionth of a second.
8. The PicoWay laser is also especially suited to darker skin tones, which have more melanin than light skin. The (extremely) short pulses of energy don’t heat the skin up as much, which means that the risks of scarring or PIH (Post-inflammatory Hyperpigmentation) are reduced.
9.Laser tattoo removal is nothing to worry about with professional and expert technicians. We work together with you to ensure a successful outcome. For example, if you follow our post-treatment instructions, you can speed up your healing process.
10. Shelley Novello and her staff at Ink-B-Gone have successfully treated over 21,847 satisfied clients in the past 16 years. You can see photos of some of our success stories in our Before and After Gallery.
Every person and every tattoo is different, so ask our experts!
When you’re ready to look into laser tattoo removal, it’s important to find a professional and expert technician you trust. Before you can commit to anything, you can come in for a free consultation here at Ink-B-Gone, the leading laser tattoo removers in Colorado. Or follow along for more helpful tips and guidance.